Saturday, October 13, 2012

Just a Thought...

Ah I haven't been on here in way too long.  I don't know what made me want to write today but I did have a small epiphany.  As my vacation draws to a close and the weather gets cooler all I can seem to do these days is sleep and read.  My 'read in 2012' list is rather long and all of a sudden I'm not so much concerned with the number but the books themselves.  It's not so much about the sheer amount I can read (I surpassed that goal last year with 150) but with the books themselves.  (Finally right?!)  Okay enough of that....

I have for the first time in my life not finished books just because I HAD to finish them.  I stamped down my need to see all things through.  I have finally just said no.  What can I say I know what I like and I want what I like.  The last five books I've read have been wonderfully filled with fantasy love.  And I ate it up.

Just a quick list:  Throne of Glass (freaking AMAZING!), Succubus Blues (picked up because of author but a nice Adult novel change), Unspoken (unexpected greatness....two words snarky Asian), Taken by Storm:  Raised by Wolves #3 (I cried...no balled. Ugh I can't even start), and finally Carnival of Souls (ah carnival, carnival, carnival...Ms. Marr you've done it to me again.)

Sad to say after reading these past five epic reads I can't seem to get into a book that's not steeped in the supernatural.  Preferably with excitement, romance (a love-triangle?!), and some sort of twisted land that I know nothing of.  I fell head over heels into these worlds these authors created and I will settle for nothing less.  Today alone I started and discarded two books and will be returning them to the library tomorrow.  They will sit on my to-read shelf because I really am not giving them a fair chance.  In short I'm just not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment