Monday, February 13, 2012

Review #1: My Soul to Lose


My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers #0.5) by Rachel Vincent


Kaylee is just a normal teenage girl dealing with the normal teenage issues.  An upcoming dance, a rat of an ex-boyfriend and a best friend who always has her back.  But Kaylee has a secret that no one knows.  She has panic attacks but not just your average panic attacks these are full body, blood-curtling-scream inducing panic attacks where she sees shadows around people who are going to die.  Her day at the mall is ruined when one of these panic attacks takes her over.  She is now in the middle of her worst nightmare...she wakes up strapped to a bed in a psychiatric unit.  


As Kaylee tries to convince everyone she's not crazy so she could just go back to her "normal"life she cannot help but notice the other patients.  Especially Lydia who is keeping a secret of her own.  


My take:  I'm not going to lie usually I read the prequel after I've already started the series.  This is the first time that I started from the beginning and I was not disappointed.  This was just enough of a taste of what's to come to keep me wanting more.  With the introduction of a bunch of characters that will appear as regulars in the series it was a perfect short story to get the series going.  I loved Kaylee's spunk (for lack of a better word) and I have a feeling I'm going to love Emma.  I can't wait to start the first book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment