Monday, February 27, 2012

Review #6: Destiny and Deception



Destiny and Deception (13 to life #4) by Shannon Delany


Jessie and the Rusakuvas have seemingly survived the worst of it.  They've had some losses along the way but they survived.  Survived the mafia, the big company that wanted to study them and have even found a cure for their condition.  Jessie finally has the nice normal, human boyfriend she always wanted.  Or thought she wanted...


As a new threat has come to shake up their lives will the Rusakuvas escape relatively unscathed or will they have to survive more losses?  Will Pietr's change ruin Jessie's hope of a long lasting relationship?  Will Max and Amy finally get to have the relationship they both deserve?  Will Cat be able to keep the secret that the cure may not be permanent?  And of course Alexi, he is just trying to hold them all together, will he be able to?


My Take:  Ah I couldn't wait for this book to come out.  I inhaled the first three and likewise this fourth installment of the series.  I absolutely love this series.  Of course we already know I like werewolves but RUSSIAN werewolves I'm sooo in.  I have an odd fascination for all things Russian even took it in college as an elective but I digress.  


SPOILER ALERT:  If you haven't read the series yet and are planning on it don't read ahead!


Anyway, at this point in the story the Rusakuvas have taken the cure and all seems to be falling into place.  Of course Jessie isn't happy.  She finally got all she wanted and its more than she bargained for. I have to agree with her.  This new Pietr is a far cry from the former, brooding, wild, masculine Pietr.  I miss that one.  Why she doesn't just tell him I'll never know.  They hardly even talked the whole book.  


Of course Max and Amy are still adorable I just wish that she would give him something.  He's being so perfect with her and I feel like it dragged the whole book with nothing resolved for either of them.  


This book made me feel bad for Alexi again as I had in all the other books.  I just want him to be happy and not stress so much.  


I loved the ending to this book with the cliffhanger but of course it makes me angry that I have to wait so long for the next one.  Ahh the pains of an avid young adult reader.  


I highly recommend if you're at all interested in werewolves, Russia or experimenting on teenagers and having paranormal results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment