Thursday, February 16, 2012

Review #3: My Soul to Take



My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent

As if sensing people are going to die isn't enough she can't hold in the panic and blood-curtling scream that threatens to erupt from her every time these attacks occur.  Kaylee is just trying to be a normal teenage girl;  dealing with her attention-grabbing best friend, her newly popular cousin who doesn't seem to know her anymore and wondering if the cute guy in school will notice her.  All the while trying to not worry about the fact that another panic attack could send her right back to the place she fears the most...the mental hospital.

A night out proves to be a new beginning, Nash Hudson the aforementioned cute guy in school, has finally noticed her.  Kaylee is lost in the dancing and promise that this night brings only to be roughly pulled back to reality by the shadow surrounding a fellow dancer.  As the scream starts to build in her throat Nash is by her side gently trying to calm her.  How is it that he seems to know more about whats happening than he lets on?

A girl has died and she can't shake the feeling that it wasn't meant to be.  As more teenagers die, Kaylee can't help but question it all.  Her past, her future and what it could all mean...

My Take:  I must say I genuinely enjoyed this read.  I read it on breaks from work, I read pages here and there when I could..I just couldn't put it down.  As I mentioned in my previous post I love Kaylee's spunk (hehe).  I can't help but admire her for her resilience and determination in finding the truth in what's happening around her even though she was left so in the dark.  I was a little disappointed i didn't get to see more of Emma in this book but was of course loving Nash.  Their relationship is so cute.  I wish I was Kaylee sometimes it was so darn cute.  I'm looking forward to more of the relationship and of course the interesting dynamic of Tod as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment