Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review #4: Tempest Rising



Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs


Tempest has loved the ocean for as long as she could remember.  Felt more at home there, more than on land.  All she wants is to keep living her life as it is enjoying the time with her boyfriend Mark, taking care of her brothers and surfing with her friends.  But the pull of the ocean is getting harder to ignore.  Tempest is half-mermaid.  With her seventeenth birthday looming she will soon have to make the choice whether or not to keep her status quo or choose the ocean like her mother.


Tempest is certain her future is on land.  That is until she runs into Kona.  He has a draw that she can't deny and makes her feel her connection to the ocean even more.  When she finally can't deny her desire for the ocean any longer she is thrown into an underwater world full of wonder, beauty, secrets and a destiny she may not be ready for.




My Take:  My first mermaid book.  I have to say I don't hate it.  It was interesting and different with the introduction of all the other sea creatures and the underwater world.  I was a little put off by Tempest herself because she was annoying with her confusion all the time.  I feel like she never questioned enough and when she did she never asked the right questions.  I do love her relationship with Kona but was iffy about Mark disregarding her so quickly.  I know she was gone for a while but he just let her go and concentrated on someone else.  I guess it needed to happen to ally her to truly feel okay with leaving but still I hate an unrealistic relationship and/or break-up.  I'm glad there's another one because Tempest's true role in all of this was never really explained.  We shall wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment